Saturday, July 14, 2007

Welcome to your blog Max

Hi Max!

It was great to see you looking so well when I visited today. Here is your very own blog to do your school work on! You can write anything you like here as long as you follow the blogging rules of not giving out your phone number or address - remember people all over the world can read this.
I have put on your own map so that you will be able to see who has read your blog - I bet your granny in Scotland would love to look at your work.
To write on the blog you log in with the same username and password as the one we use at school - the one I gave your mum to use. Email me if you have any trouble and I can help you.


Your first tasks for school are:
  1. Read the book about the Marae that I gave your mum and write 3 bullet points on the blog of things you learnt about the Marae when you read the book. You can also read the other readers I gave you.
  2. Write a story on either this blog or the class writing blog every day.
  3. Use Mathletics - do at least one of the activities each day and then play some live Mathletics.
  4. I put our delicious links and also the Dance Mat Typing game on the side of this blog - under a heading called Max's Links if you want something else to do. You could also leave comments for your friends on the class writing blog.

See you soon - we will get Skype up and running so we can call you this week!


Miss Thomas

2 comments:

D A Kinane said...

Max

I am looking forward to seeing how you get on with this blog. I will keep checking in to see how you are doing. I know just how itchy a cast can be and was so glad when mine came off!

Mr Kinane

lcallister said...

Hi Max
I was talking to a nice lady called Lynette today about your marvellous learning programme from home. It is good to see you have done some reading and maths. I think Mathletics rocks, do you? It would be interesting to write a story about being in a body cast because not many people would know what that was like. You could describe how it felt when they were putting the plaster on and how it is keeping your bones nice and straight so they heal properly. I will ask Miss Thomas to let me know when you skype next so I can come and say hello. I hope you are enjoying this cool way to learn.
Kind regards
Mrs Callister